Friday, 29 October 2010

29/10/2010 Production log

It's been a busy, busy week. This week is half term which thankfully has given me a lot of time to get work done for college.

Starting off at the beginning of the week I started collecting pictures for my mood board to show in the pitch. Over the last few days I've been collecting images and finally yesterday I got down to sticking them all on a A3 sheet of paper. When sticking them I realised I had quite a lot of pictures. Too many to fit on one A3 sheet. So I created two mood boards one for character design and the other for level design.

Also this week I've done some A3 drawings of the character Seth in our game. Last week I wasn't so good at drawing bodies for the character. However after a bit of practice this week, I have noticed I'm getting a lot better.

Last week Will showed us some brilliant drawings of enemies for our game. I noted them down during that lesson and I have come up with some different variations of the characrters design which I'll show the group next week.

Thursday, 21 October 2010

Production Log 21/10/2010

Production Log 21/10/2010

During this past week I have been given the tasks of creating a design for the character Seth who is our main characters friend in the end. This character won't be a playable character but how ever will be important to the story. I went over a few different design styles for the character Seth and I had in mind that Cameron wanted him to be more larger and fatter than our main character Timmy. All the group are fond over one particular concept, but I've been doing more designs and so has Jacob.

This week I had an idea for a level design for our Twitter based level in our game. I used the Twitter homepage for inspiration and I used different shades of the colour blue like on the homepage for mountains and hills etc. Then I wanted peoples tweets to be spiraling round the mountains, I tried this but my photo shop skills let me down. However for just a little mock up idea I came up with on Tuesday morning, I thought it wasn't that bad. Others in the group also liked the concept.
Today on Thursday we had a group meeting where we discussed plans for our pitch. We came up with a layout and different ideas to show and present in the pitch. We then after decided that me and Jacob would come up with more ideas for the concept of the character Seth. We are hoping like last week with Timmy, that we can both come up with different ideas then put them together to create one amazing individual character. This will all be discussed in tomorrows lesson.

Sunday, 17 October 2010

Production Diary 14/10/2010

Production Diary 14/10/2010

In a week our group has changed the concept idea again, after the whole group no in agreement with our previous idea. The new idea is better and more original. Also the whole group is pitching ideas for the concept which is brilliant.

Over the past week I've undertaken the role of designing the main character. I have been discussing the with Jacob and I've been experimenting with different styles of the character for example nerdy, cool, etc. I've also been researching different hair styles to see which suit our main character.

However now I need to discuss with Jacob and others in the group, what we want the main character to look like. I've been drawing sketches of him, but I need a few ideas to help build up his look and personality.

Going over the character I've tried to cover different styles to see which suits him. I also brought to the table the idea of him having the cursur hand as his actual hand which he uses as a weapon. This Cameron has taken on board.

So far with our new idea the group has worked great and you get a sense that everyone is excited about making this game. This week I'll show the others my my designs to see what they think.

Production Diary 08/10/2010

Production Diary 08/10/2010

This week I was given the role of character and level designer in our group.
Over the past 2 weeks I had been drawing 4 different environments for our fragmented idea. As we are going with a carttony look/style to part of our game, my skills in drawing have come in handy. This I am really enjoying.

Over the past 2 weeks I've been helping Cameron (Project Leader) build up the idea that he originally created.

At the moment we as a group still need to all agree on a final idea for our final major project.